JOIN only once on Conduit AP

Home Forums Lora Network Server JOIN only once on Conduit AP

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Paul Fux
    Participant

Hello,

I think there is something wrong with my Conduit AP because all my lora devices join only once after a node-add. If I shut down the device, I have to delete the node and add it again. Does anyone have an idea why ?

Logs say :

mtcap lora-network-server: GW:00:80:00:00:00:01:08:2a|FRAME-RX|Parsing 1 packets
    mtcap lora-network-server: ED:07-03-d5-e7-5e-00-36-ca|CHECK-PKT|FCNT: ffffffff LAST-FCNT: 00000002 Duplicate: no
    mtcap lora-network-server: ED:07-03-d5-e7-5e-00-36-ca|CHECK-MIC|ADDR: 00:00:36:ca failed
    mtcap lora-network-server: ED:07-03-d5-e7-5e-00-36-ca|DROP-PKT|Addr: 00:00:36:ca Duplicate: no

Best,

Paul

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Are the devices joined via OTA or ABP?

How do you shutdown the device? Pulling power will not allow the database to be backed to flash.

The database is backed-up to flash on a 1 hour interval.

Try to backup the database after adding your nodes.
    $ nc -u localhost -p 6677
    database backup

There will still be an issue for downlink counters if the power is pulled without backup. Uplink counters can be caught-up when power is back. But the downlink frames will be rejected until the counter exceeds the previous value.

Paul Fux
    Participant

Via ABP. I shutdown the device with the power switch… but by “device”, I mean, the lora sensor. The conduit AP still runs.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

If the device is reset and counters are not saved then they will have to catch-up the counter to the previous value in the uplink.

Paul Fux
    Participant

Ok. But why Lora server on Multitech AEP with firmware 1.3.2 allow to reset a lora device without counter check while Conduit AP with 1.4.4 firmware don’t ? Is the an option allowing that ?

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

LoRaWAN protocol does not allow reuse of frame counters. It is a security risk.

The AEP 1.4.4 firmware rejects them by default.

http://www.multitech.net/developer/forums/topic/disable-enablestrictcountervalidation/

Paul Fux
    Participant

Thanks a lot for your help and answers.

Paul Fux
    Participant

Hum. One more thing :

After a node-add and a join by the lora device, I restart my conduit AP and my lora device. Why the lora device cannot join anymore ?

CHECK-PKT|FCNT: ffffffff LAST-FCNT: 00000004 Duplicate: no
    CHECK-MIC|ADDR: 00:00:36:ca failed
    DROP-PKT|Addr: 00:00:36:ca Duplicate: no

I was expecting a reset of frames counter. It useful in a context where the Conduit and all the Lora sensors are prepare some days before being on production.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Paul Fux.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.