issues provisioning xDot on Actility LNS

Home Forums mDot/xDot issues provisioning xDot on Actility LNS

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tom Z
    Participant

Hi

Has anyone successfully joined a device using XDoT onto Actility LNS?

I have a conduit with with Actility LRR installed. It is functioning fine, I can manage it from the Actility portal.

Now I am trying to join a device on the network. This xDot was tested previously using the multitech network server and it joins the network and operates fine.

Now with Actility LNS it is not accepting the JoinAccept replies from the server.
    In the logs I see JoinRequest upstream and JoinAccept downstream.

But the device refuses to join the network and it keeps attempting.

Any idea here?

I add the device using the same keys, ids, as I do using multitech network server.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

If the Join Accept is being received at the gateway but not the end-device I would suspect a timing issue.

Have you set the sync-word and join delay properly?

AT+PN=1
    AT+JD=5

Tom Z
    Participant

Hi
    thanks for the reply

we also had a correspondence with the Actility tech team and they identified the issue and corrected the issue.

Turnout our gateway is automatically provisioned with EU LoRa frequencies (it has a EU cellular modem and P/N, but a US915 lora mcard). Changing the frequencies from the Actility console worked only partially as the joinAccept were being sent using EU ISM format, which is longer then what is supported by US ISM.

So Actility will release a bug fix in the next image for the conduit, and in the meantime they applied a hot-fix on our gateway.

you can see the tread here to get a bit more technical.

I must tip the hat for the actility team for helping us identify and address the issue within 2 days while we are still on the Developer Free Plan!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.