Get Data from the local MQTT broker

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Get Data from the local MQTT broker

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi ,
    we have bought a conduit IP67 in order to get data from third part sensors (pycom boards).
    We want an mqtt client running on a remote machine (on the same LAN) to get data from the mosquito MQTT broker running on the conduit.
    Is this possible ? or the mosquito broker can serve client just locally?
    If not, How can I send all LoraWan Packets received form the conduit to other application running on remote PCs?
    Awaiting your kind reply.
    Thanks
    Nico

Hi,
    Any news about the question above?
    Please help,
    thanks
    Nico

kay
    Participant

Hey,

i have exactly the same problem with the MTCAP.
    I need LoraWan packets data on a computer to store and visualize them.
    The Conduit is already conifgured as network server.
    Any help or hint please.

Thx
    Kay

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

The MQTT broker on Conduit is setup on the localhost interface only.
    You could setup a VPN tunnel or use port forwarding to access the broker from outside.
    Be sure to address any security ramifications of opening ports to the Internet.

An other option is to put a custom application to push messages to a remote server using python.

Here is sample lora echo client, the code to push to an outside broker would need to be added.
    https://github.com/trong63/python_mqtt_sample

kay
    Participant

Hey,

for me editing the /etc/mosquitto/mosquitto.conf worked.
    Under the header “Default listener” changing the line “bind_address 127.0.0.1” to “#bind_address 127.0.0.1” makes it possible for extern listeners to connect to the MQQT broker.Reboot and ready.

have a nice day
    kay

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Port forwarding should be preferred. It will survive a firmware update. Your conf change will be reset if/when you update the device.

Peter Massey
    Participant

Hi,

I’m having the same difficulty. We’d like to connect to the broker from a local network. There is no WAN involved. I’ve tried disabling bind_address 127.0.0.1 as suggested above. This allows the onboard Node-Red to subscribe to the Conduit IP address (192.168.10.100), but external clients are still unable to connect.

Can you please give some further info on setting up port forwarding. Model number and firmware: MTCDT-LAP3-246A (5.0.0-AEP)

thanks,

Peter

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.