Can't Flash Firmware due to admin issue

Home Forums Conduit: mLinux Model Can't Flash Firmware due to admin issue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SL
    Participant

I’m trying to flash my Multitech Conduit, because
    – The web login does not load, I get ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.
    – I cannot login via ssh with admin user.
    – only ssh with mtadm works.
    – Factory reset does not worked. Held for >30sec and also around 5 seconds, both methods did not solve the issue.

I’m trying to follow this doc:
    http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/mlinux/using-mlinux/flashing-mlinux-firmware-for-conduit/

However when I try to transfer files into /var/volatile/flash-upgrade/, I get Permission Denied.
    I can sudo with mtadm in ssh, but when it comes to transferring the files I’m stuck.

Can you please help me know what I can do?

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

SL,

The mLinux-only version of Conduit does not have a Web UI. The default administrative user on a mlinux-only Conduit is mtadm instead of admin.

I have not seen the Permission Denied when trying to access the /var/volatile partition with mtadm. What are the permissions on the flash-upgrade directory?

Jeff

SL
    Participant

Jeff,

That’s interesting because when we got our conduit, we were able to access the Web UI and use admin user. However now, it’s only acting like a mlinux-only Conduit as you say.
    My permissions are drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 40 Mar 19 18:08 flash-upgrade
    How do I reset the conduit to get back our web UI and admin access, as factory resets via button or mLinux are not working?
    I assumed a flash might be able to solve that problem.

Thanks,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.