Which SIM Card to use on MTCDT-LVW2-210A-US

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Which SIM Card to use on MTCDT-LVW2-210A-US

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ajay K
    Participant

We are planning on using the verizon as our provider for the Cellular network. The verizon folks want to know which SIM Card type to use, Standard, Micro or Nano. On the Multitech Conduit web page it calls out to use a mini sim card, any idea which one I should pick that work for the conduit?

Thanks,
    Ajay

Ajay K
    Participant

Thanks we figured this out.

Heath Raftery
    Participant

Thanks for sharing. Care to let us in on the secret?

I believe it’s Standard right? And the Multitech page is wrong?

Hot tip for others: don’t try to put a nano in, even just to test! Too easy to lose it inside the device with no way to retrieve it.

Ajay K
    Participant

Hi Heath,

You are correct it is the Standard size. Well cellular companies fortunately have a standard names for all the different types of SIM cards and the ones I listed earlier in the thread is what they use currently and the multitech conduit can fit both the standard and Micro SIM cards.

Thanks,
    Ajay.

The appropriate size for the SIM card is the Standard size. You can although fit any other size, but you’ll have to guess the correct place for the SIM card to work properly.

Darrik Spaude
    Keymaster

The term “standard” changes from generation to generation, so just to be specific, the Conduit uses the Mini-SIM format:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subscriber_identity_module#Formats

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.