SocketModem MTSMC-LVW2-U questions (Raspberry Pi support, etc.)

Home Forums General SocketModem MTSMC-LVW2-U questions (Raspberry Pi support, etc.)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Matt Jolly
    Participant

I am interested in using the MTSMC-LVW2-U SocketModem Cell Verizon 4G LTE modem with a Raspberry Pi unit. As far as I can tell, I only need to supply 3.3V input and ground to the modem, and connect a USB cable from the USB pins on the modem to the Pi, correct?

1. Will the SocketModem pins accommodate standard jumper wires?
    2. Is there a basic socket available for it for attaching to a PCB but allowing it to be removed?

3. Also, is there any ETA on the release of the MultiConnect Dragonfly?
    4. And will it only require a USB connection?

Thanks!

Lonny Knudson
    Blocked

Hi Matt,
    Here is the ‘quick answer’ to your questions:

1. I’m not sure what you are asking. The SocketModem pins are designed to plug into a socket or be soldered directly to thru-hole pads on the host PCB. (Not sure what you mean by ‘standard jumper wires’)
    2. This is the manufacturer/part number for the sockets we use on our developer boards: Neltron Industrial Co. (http://www.neltron.com.tw/)
    2209S-XXG.
    3. I believe Q4 2015 or Q1 2016, contact sales for the most current information regarding Dragonfly release dates.
    4. This depends on how the Dragonfly will be used. If you are just using the LTE radio to bring up a ppp link on the Raspberry Pi you only need the USB connection (and power).

If you need more detailed answers, I recommend opening a support ticket at http://support.multitech.com

Matt Jolly
    Participant

Thank you for the quick response.

I was basically just asking if I could use jumper wires like these
    Jumper Wires
    to create a makeshift “socket” I can then connect to a breadboard or solder a spliced USB cable to so I didn’t have to solder the pins themselves. The socket you linked is perfect though, so I’ll just wait for those to arrive.

And yes we would mainly be using it for 4G LTE.

Thanks again.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Matt Jolly.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.