Resetting MDot.

Home Forums mDot/xDot Resetting MDot.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ajay K
    Participant

I was reading thru’ MDOt Developer Guide related to resetting the MDot on page 32 as called out below. My question is do you have to execute steps 1 and 2 or is it execute steps 1 or 2? The reason I ask this is because on our custom board we have a separate module on the board which has a GPU pin connected to the mDot modules reset pin, since in the code we have configured the GPU Pin as a Digital Output pin, I was wondering based on the directions to reset the mdot, do we need to keep the digital o/p pin low to drive the mdot reset pin to low for little over 1ms and then drive the digital o/p pin to high for a few seconds and bring the digital o/p back to low?

Resetting the mDot
    To reset the mDot
    1. Drive the RESET signal low for at least TNRESET.
    2. Select either:
    Allow RESET to float. The internal pull-up resistor pulls it up.
    Drive the RESET line high.
    The processor starts executing code after the RESET line is high.

Thanks,
    Ajay

Ajay K
    Participant

Any thoughts multitech team?

You need to perform 1 and 2. After driving NRESET low for 1ms, the GPU pin can be left floating so that the internal pullup pulls it high or the GPU can drive it high.

Ajay K
    Participant

Thanks Leon for taking the time to respond and for the clarification. I have one other question, should the GPU continue to drive it high or should it be driven low once the reset is complete? I am wondering what state the GPU needs to be so it doesn’t keep resetting the mDot module.

Thanks,
    Ajay

It needs to be high. NRESET is connected to the NRST pin of the STM32F411 processor. If it is held low, the processor will remain in the reset state.

Ajay K
    Participant

Awesome, Thanks a lot for the clarification!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.