Registering with Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Network (MTSMC-LVW2-U)

Home Forums General Registering with Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Network (MTSMC-LVW2-U)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Matt Jolly
    Participant

I’ve got my MTSMC-LVW2-U SocketModem device all setup and functioning. I’ve got the SIM card inserted, and a compatible antenna attached to the CELL uFL connector.

AT+CSQ returns a good signal (between 11-19 usually)

However AT+CREG always returns 0,0

I’ve looked all through the documentation but cannot figure out how to get the registration to succeed.

This SIM card was already activated and in use for a Sierra Wireless GX440 modem prior to being installed into the SocketModem.

AT+COPS returns 0,0,”Verizon Wireless”,7

Any help would be appreciated.

Lonny Knudson
    Blocked

Hi Matt,
    The LTE modems don’t automatically attach at this layer when a network is found. Use AT+CGREG? to check for service instead.

Matt Jolly
    Participant

AT+CREG? Returns 0,0 (not registered) like I said in my original post. I will look into manually connecting, it was not mentioned anywhere in the documentation that I could find.

Thanks

Lonny Knudson
    Blocked

Hi Matt,
    There are 2 different registration queries, AT+CREG? and AT+CGREG?
    Conventionally with 2G and 3G devices you could query +CREG? to determine that you have cell service. The LTE devices do not automatically attach at this layer like 2G and 3G modems do. However, they are configured to automatically attach to the data service which can be queried using the AT+CGREG? command. With the LTE modems it is recommended that you use AT+CGREG? as you would use AT+CREG? on 2G or 3G devices.

Matt Jolly
    Participant

Ah sorry, didn’t see the extra G in AT+CGREG. Thanks for your help, I will try using that command instead.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.