Recovering from a loss of cellular connection.

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Recovering from a loss of cellular connection.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ajay K
    Participant

We have been facing this issue where we seem to lose cellular connection in the field and the only way to recover seems to be via conduit restart. This has become a problem for us where the conduits are located in remote locations.

So we wanted to handle this via our custom app, when we detect loss of Cellular connection.

1) So we tried running the reset_modem command via the command collection api of the conduit api. This doesn’t seem to help recover the cellular connection most of the times.

2) The other option we used is to use the restart command from the conduit API to restart the gateway to recover the cellular connection. This works 99% of the time.

The biggest issue with Option 2 requires all the mdots to reconnect with the conduit and so we were wondering what is the reboot of the gateway doing different from a reset modem command to restore the cellular connection.

Thanks,
    Ajay

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Hello Ajay,

This is odd from my perspective. When you use the API restart the only difference is that the modem is reset during the boot. I think that might be helping synchronize all the steps that get followed to start up the Cellular connection. If you are using the mPower or AEP firmware can you tell me what version you are seeing this on? Which Cellular radio? I’m assuming it is a “blue box” MTCDT. Is that correct?

Which version of firmware is definitely a big deal. There have been a very large number of changes and improvements in the connectivity management over the last year.

Thank You,

Jeff

Ajay K
    Participant

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your response. Below are the model#’s on the conduits that are currently in use and the firmware version of the conduits is mostly 5.2.1 and some may be on 5.1.6.

Model Number MTCDT-LVW2-246A
    Manufacturer Telit
    Model LE910-SVG
    Firmware Version 17.01.571

Model Number MTCDT-L4N1-246A
    Manufacturer Telit
    Model LE910C4-NF
    Firmware Version M0F.660006

MTCDT-LAP3-246A
    Manufacturer Telit
    Model LE910C1-AP
    Firmware Version 25.26.255

Let me know if there is any other information I can provide to help you better in identifying the difference on calling a reset command as opposed to a complete conduit restart.

Thanks,
    Ajay

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Hello Ajay,

In order to get the dedicated attention this will need you should open a case with https://support.multitech.com/ since this involves different radios and versions of the firmware on the Conduits. This is going to involve digging through some logs and debugging the connection attempt(s) with AT commands to discover what state the radios are in.

Jeff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.