mDot power consumption of sleep mode

Home Forums mDot/xDot mDot power consumption of sleep mode

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Guillermo Glaria
    Participant

Dear Sirs,

We have six mDot units and I’m worried about the power consumption should I expect in sleep mode.

I have read in the mbed forum some answers of Mike Fiore about this issue:
    https://developer.mbed.org/questions/60766/deep-sleep-power-consumption-excessive/

“I believe you have the older revision of the mDot which doesn’t support the uA range current draw during sleep.”
    “We actually did a board spin and made some HW changes, unfortunately.”

Is this right? Which consumption did I have to expect in my mDot modules if their fabrication date is 2015 06 10 and Serial Number of one of those is 18222169?

Do I have to change my mDot units to obtein consumption currents of uA?

Is there any hardware modification that I could make by myself to reduce current to uA?

Which is the reference of the regulator of my mDots? Is this piece the cause of overconsumption, maybe its quiescent current?

Thank you and regards,

Guillermo Glaria

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Guillermo,

Your mDots should have a model number silkscreened on the PCB. It should end in “LA” or “LB”. If it ends in “LA”, that mDot is from before the HW spin and won’t be able to achieve the uA range consumption in deepsleep. If it ends in “LB”, that mDot is from after the HW spin and should be able to achieve the low current draw.

I don’t think it’s a change you can make yourself as we switched to a different regulator.

If you have dots with a model number ending in “LA”, you will need to get newer ones to get the lowest current in deepsleep.

Cheers,
    Mike

Guillermo Glaria
    Participant

Hi Mike,

I have the “LA” ones. Which sleep consumption do I have to expect in those LA mDots?

Is that the only change, the regulator chip?

We are envolved in a project and I want to validate the low energy characteristics of LoRa, and I need the modules to continue with the implementation. Is there any warranty of replacement of the defective units with another six LB version mDots?

Regards,
    Guillermo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.