Launching Node-RED

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Launching Node-RED

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andreas Martens
    Participant

Hi,

I upgraded a MultiConnect Conduit to AEP 1.3.2 yesterday, and now I have issues connecting to Node-RED.

When I click on Node-RED in the Apps section I see it going to https://<ipaddress&gt;:1880 but it’s unable to connect.

If I ssh into the system I can see that node-red isn’t actually running. If I click the “restart Node-RED” command, I get a progress bar but no difference, and if I on the system execute:
    /etc/init.d/node-red start
    I get a message saying node-red is not enabled!

I can’t see where I’m meant to re-enable it after the firmware upgrade, any tips?

cheers,
    Andreas

Brandon Bayer
    Blocked

Andreas,

Sorry about this! There’s a bug in 1.3.2 that disables Node-RED on upgrade.

To renable it, check the Node-RED Enabled box on the Apps page in the UI.

-Brandon

Andreas Martens
    Participant

Thanks,

I might have missed something though, I can’t see an Apps *page*, the Apps section has three pages “Node-RED”, “Installed Apps”, “Upload App”. None of these present an “enabled” option!

cheers,
    Andreas

Andreas Martens
    Participant

Ahhhhh, hahahahah

Just before I issued a firmware downgrade, I decided to use the reset switch on the front panel (I’d already issued a factory reset via the UI, but thought I’d try the front panel approach).

Box rebooted, and suddenly I get lots of additional options in the UI, including a “Enabled” for node-red, set it and happy days it’s working!

cheers,
    Andreas

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.