iSMS additional features

Home Forums iSMS iSMS additional features

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anthony Caballero
    Participant

I would like to be able to see all the text messages that I have received in one list rather than having to go to each modem indivdually, is this possible?

Is it also possible for the modem to show who the text message has come from rather than just to display the number of who sent it.

thank you.

Jeff Blees
    Blocked

Hello Anthony,

Currently, neither request is supported. Changes to the iSMS Server firmware would have to be made, to accomplish what you request.

I will write up a couple of feature request tickets. These tickets will become part of an existing database of feature requests that is looked at by the development Engineers.

Can you elaborate on how you are currently using your Multimodem iSMS SMS Server (application objective, volume of messages, etc) and what you potentially foresee regarding future expansion/additional units?

Regarding the second item (showing a name for the sender instead of a cell/mobile number) it would have to be tied to performing an Address Book search and finding a match. The cellular network only provides the number of the sms sender. If the sender of the received SMS is not listed as a contact in our Address Book, we would not be able to determine a name to display.

I will post the feature request ticket numbers once they have been created.

Sincerely

Jeff Blees

Engineering Technician

Jeff Blees
    Blocked

Feature #5024017

Products: SF400-G, SF800-G

Subject: Provide an option to merge per port Inbox into one Inbox

Description: Currently, SMS messages received from the cellular network are displayed per modem port (for the multi port models). Having the option to to review all received messages for all ports, in chronological order, would improve this administrative function.

Feature #5024020

Products: SF100-G, SF400-G, SF800-G

Subject: Display Sender’s Name instead of Sender’s Cell Number

Description: Add an address book lookup function/step before displaying/adding a received SMS to our Inbox and Log Traces menus. This way we can display a name if the sender also happens to be a contact in our Address Book. Telco only provides the number of the SMS Sender. If we do not have an entry in our address book that matches – then display the number.

Anthony Caballero
    Participant

Jeff appreciate the quick response I have two of the sf800 models. I’m using them to test an emergency notification system to notify approximately 1000 employees at my workplace if successful I hope to port this system to our other offices around the world. Is there anyway of getting a txt file from the server of the numbers that messages have been sent to, would be a major plus as I need to be able to tell at a glance who the messages have been sent.

Jeff Blees
    Blocked

Hi Anthony,

Sorry for the delayed response (I have been out sick).

Regarding SMS messages sent by the iSMS server (your previous question regarded messages received) – they are kept in one database, regardless of which port it was sent out on. This would be the “Outbox” data base in the SMS Services menu. We do not generate a text file of the numbers we’ve sent to.

As you submit messages for sending (via our API), you get back a MsgID number for each submitted message. You can then query for the status of that MsgID number – to learn if we successfully transmitted the SMS to Telco or not.

Sincerely

Jeff Blees

Engineering Technician

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.