Install actility thinkpark on conduit aep

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Install actility thinkpark on conduit aep

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mdot_dev aa
    Participant

Is it possible to replace firmware on a multitech conduit aep by an instance of actility think park?

My company has this base station and we are interested in testing this software on a conduit aep. We are happy with its size and with the device itself but we have been asked to used the other SW.

Peter Ferland
    Blocked

Actility has their own firmware image that they write to the Conduit. Either mLinux or AEP can be replaced with Actility’s firmware. When you log into ThingPark go to the FAQ, then the “Your Gateway” tab and follow the Multitech Conduit instructions under “How to connect your gateway?”

mdot_dev aa
    Participant

Ok, thank you. I will check that right now. Is it possible to go back after flash actility’s firmware? We are also testing loriot and node-red in the same device and we can switch from one another so far.

Peter Ferland
    Blocked

After the actility firmware is installed you will need to follow the mLinux instructions for flashing the firmware here: http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/mlinux/using-mlinux/flashing-mlinux-firmware-for-conduit/

You will need to extract the uImage.bin and rootfs.jffs2 files from the AEP bin. Simply treat the .bin as a tar.gz file to extract.

Gabriel Petracca
    Participant

I installed actility firmware and I want to go back to mlinux from Multitech. Actility does not provide the user and password for the SSH access. It is not the default from Multitech. How can I recover access?

Peter Ferland
    Blocked

There is a process, but its a little involved. Can you open a support case?

Gabriel Petracca
    Participant
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.