How does Deduplication work with LENS and Local Network Settings ON

Home Forums Lora Network Server How does Deduplication work with LENS and Local Network Settings ON

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Simon
    Participant

Hi All,
    i have one building with two different customers. The Sensors are all programmed to use the same APPEUI and APPKEY only the DEVEUI differs. So i use Local Network Settings in the LoraServer Settings.

Customer A:
    3 Multitech Conduits as Network Server
    90 Sensors

Customer B
    15 Multitech Conduits as Network Server
    300 Sensors

My Problem is, that if Cutomer A restarts a Sensor the Join Requests gets Accepted by the Gateway at Customer B and therefore is not relayed to the correct application no more and is stucked.

– Is it possible to use Lens to solve this issue?
    – How can i register to LENS
    – What happens if i use Local Network Settings together with Lens?
    – Do i get Problems regarding duplicate payloads send to the applicaiton?

Thank you for your help

• This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Simon.
    Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Could you use different APP EUI/KEY per customer for each set of Conduits?

Best practice is to use unique AppKeys per device.

LENS could be used although there would be additional cost involved.

When using the Network Server on Conduit a device should join and get a session to only one Conduit. Without LENS multiple Conduits that know the DevEUI/AppKey could respond to the Join Request.

Simon
    Participant

Hi Jason,
    thank you for your help!

Could you use different APP EUI/KEY per customer for each set of Conduits?

Unfortunatly not, i have no access to devices.

LENS could be used although there would be additional cost involved.

What are the costs and how can i get into LENS?

When using the Network Server on Conduit a device should join and get a session to only one Conduit. Without LENS multiple Conduits that know the DevEUI/AppKey could respond to the Join Request.

This is happening, but this is not a problem. At the moment the Device sends the Join Request and all gateways will answer this request. The device will get the Keys from the “fastest” response and saves this AppSKey and NetSKey on its local storage. If the device sends a Payload afterwards only one gateway has the corresponding Session keys.

Is it possible with LENS to assign Device EUIs to Gateways? Otherwise i would have the Problem, that every Gateway fetches the correct Session Keys from the LENS Server and i will receive duplicate Uplinks.
    I hope you understand my Problem.

Antoher Solution would be if i could move the NetworkServer from the Gateway to the Cloud. Do you know wich Network Server is used on the Conduits and if it can be ported to the Cloud?

Thank you so much for your support

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Hello Simon, your situation sounds like a good fit for LENS.
    Please open a support case at support.multitech.com to discuss further with the LENS team.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.