Constraining operating frequencies on conduit?

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Constraining operating frequencies on conduit?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ajay K
    Participant

We’re looking into selling telemetry systems based on the MDot and Conduit AEP in countries like say New Zealand. We understand those devices aren’t currently certified for New Zealand, but we are willing to get them certified ourselves. So one of things we we would need is to be able to constrain the operating frequencies however, to say between 915 – 920 Mhz. Is there a way to do this at the conduit/MDot?

Thanks,
    Ajay.

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Ajay,

I can respond for the mDot/xDot side. Our 3.x.x releases will support “custom channel plans.” This will allow you to create your own channel plan and inject it into the Dot Library. Obviously, you will need to certify your own channel plans yourself.

Hope this helps!
    Cheers!
    -Mike

Ajay K
    Participant

Hi Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Do you have an idea as to the timeline when this particular version would be available. I understand that this an mDot specific release that supports custom channel plan. However for this to work the Conduit will need to support this as well right?

Thanks,
    Ajay

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Ajay,

I believe the 3.x.x release is slated for Q3. I can’t speak to the gateway/Network Server side of things, but I’ll ask around.

Cheers,
    Mike

Ajay K
    Participant

Thanks Mike for your prompt response. Hopefully the gateway if and when they implement a similar feature, has this timeline as well.

Thanks,
    Ajay

Mike Fiore
    Blocked

Ajay,

I asked around and it sounds like we don’t have plans to add custom channel plan support to the network server at this time.

Cheers,
    Mike

Ajay K
    Participant

Thanks Mike for getting back to me so soon and asking around the conduit development team. But just was wondering how would that work if only the Mdot plans on supporting this and not the conduit, especially in the ADR Mode?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.