Conduit AEP Frequency for New Zealand

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Conduit AEP Frequency for New Zealand

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Samy
    Participant

Hello
    I am not expert in radio freq language 🙂 but could follow others advice…
    Recently purchased the MTCDT-H5-210A(AUS version) Conduit with 915mhz mCard and 915mhz mDot card with Dev board.

Can someone guide me to configure the correct New Zealand freq in LoRa Network Server (Freq Sub-Band, Tx Power, Rx 1 DR Offset, Rx 2 Datarate) in the Conduit. Link to NZ regulations https://gazette.govt.nz/notice/id/2016-go446

Similarly for mDot node.

Anyone tried connecting RFM95 as nodes?
    I do have few HopeRF RFM95 915mhz modules which i am planning to use with nodeMCU and Arduino pro mini/nano for adding some more nodes. Can someone point me to the compatible code repository (like LoRa-LMIC-1.5 git) and defining those allowed frequencies in the code to work with Conduit.

Note: I have the basic connectivity working with default settings, was able to receive the message from mDot and print it in Node-Red debug tab.

Regards
    Samy

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Is there an issue with the frequencies/settings used by your mDot/Conduit setup as you have them now?

Samy
    Participant

Hello Jason,

The default configuration with Frequency = 915, Freq sub-band = 1.
    So my packets are transmitting as below, which in my understanding is not legal in New Zealand against allowed 915 to 928

{ “chan”: 0, “cls”: 0, “codr”: “4/5”, “datr”: “SF10BW125”, “freq”: “902.3”, “lsnr”: “13.5”, “modu”: “LORA”, “port”: 1, “rfch”: 0, “rssi”: -30, “seqn”: 9, “size”: 8, …….. }

chan:1, freq:902.5
    chan:2, freq:902.7
    ……..
    chan:7, freq:903.7

Regards
    Samy

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

OK so you have the US version.

I was thrown by the typo in your post
    AUS version

Please open a ticket at support.multitech.com to discuss AU/NZ options.

Also, I am not aware of an open source LoRaWAN library with NZ support.

Samy
    Participant

Thanks Jason.

Will open a tkt.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.