Carrier Detect remains shut down

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Carrier Detect remains shut down

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Etienne BOURDEAU
    Participant

Hello !

Sorry to disturb you, I have a little problem with my Conduit AEP LEU1-210A-EU :
    Yesterday, I have received my SIM card. I’ve put it in my Conduit, then enabled PPP, configured the APN (here “orange”), and the MDN (the phone number associated to the SIM).
    Then, I restarted my gateway, and all seemed to work, the “CD” led was green.

I’ve shut down my gateway, and coming back to work today, I plugged it back. But even if I run “pppd call gsm”, the “cd” led remains black.

On the gateway’s dashboard, the WAN interface (ppp0) is starting and stopping repeatedly, and does not acquire an IP address or DNS anymore (it was yesterday).

Could you tell me from where it comes from (I can give more information if needed) ?
    And how can I test if all is properly working ?

Thank you very much !

Lonny Knudson
    Blocked

Hi Etienne,
    The IP address for the cellular link and DNS server addresses are negotiated each time the ppp link is established. If you are seeing pppd repeatedly restarting I would suspect that it is failing to establish a link for some reason. If you haven’t changed any settings since it was working yesterday, you might want to open a support ticket to help troubleshoot.

https://support.multitech.com

Etienne BOURDEAU
    Participant

Hello !

Thank you for your answer.

I think I’ve got what was wrong : a co-worker of mine, who owned the gateway before me, tried to install a poly packet forwarder to connect TheThingsNetworks cloud.

I disabled this “new” packet forwarder, since this one and the original were enabled, and then rebooted the gateway. And all started to work well again.

I don’t quite know in which extent this packet forwarder conflict was interfering with pppd starting, but it looks like that was the problem.

Thank you, once again !

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.