Which ports to open for DeviceHQ in firewall

Home Forums Device HQ Which ports to open for DeviceHQ in firewall

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Which ports to which IP(-range) needs to be opened in our network. Also is it TCP or UDP. I think it need at least port 5798.

With kind regards,
    Chris

Steve Kovarik

Hello Christian

DeviceHQ uses TCP ports 5798, 5799 and because the hostname points to
    Amazon AWS I cannot provide an IP range.

-Best Regards

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Christian,

As Steve said, there is not a guaranteed IP or IP range that will allow Device HQ traffic from the MTR or Conduit. However, the hostname is devicehq.com. Depending on the sophistication of the firewall product, rules may be possible that specify the hostname or domain.

Jeff

Hi,

We have opened the firewall and our networking team do see traffic go to devicehq.com but do not see any traffic back. When I do “Check-In To DeviceHQ” I get the response “failed to open connection with the remote server”. I had tested the config first at home without firewall and there it worked with this configuration. What do I miss and how can I test to find the cause? Th ports 5798 and 5799 are opened to devicehq.com.

With kind regards,
    Chris

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Christiian,

When you look for the traffic, is it on the external (Internet) side of the firewall? If so, Multitech can take a look on Device HQ and see if there is any reason that the device(s) cannot establish a check-in session. If nothing is coming back from Device HQ on the Internet side, please file a Multitech Support Portal case at https://support.multitech.com and someone can help you.

Thanks,

Jeff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.