Speed

Home Forums iSMS Speed

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    William Morgenweck
    Participant

Is there a way to speed up the system? When a person sends a text with special working my web page will send an API url string back to the iSMS to send a reply. Normally the turn around process takes about 30 to 40 seconds- sometimes well over a minute. Is there a way to speed up the back and forth? I have priority set as 3 (High)

Added information:  I added a send email in my web service after the call for the API message, I get the email in 5 seconds.  I also added a send as text email using att email to text service and got that back in 7 seconds and I have to wait for 20-30 seconds for the dedicated MultiTech modem to return text.  Is this normal?  Is there a way to get it down below 10 seconds?  No one else is using the modem and I have a SF800-G with 1.51.28 firmware.

Bryon Davis

Hi William,
    It normally takes 6-10 seconds to send or receive a message. So to receive and then send a reply will typically take around 12 to 20 seconds. Depending on the Cellular network speed, this could take longer.

Bryon

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.