SF100-G – Content not supported

Home Forums iSMS SF100-G – Content not supported

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    BKS Bank AG
    Participant

Hi,

when SMS message is sent to some smartphone models like Cubot X6 and some Windows phones they receive message: Content not supported?

We are sending messages using HTTP API.
    We have tried to change Extended ASCII 8-bit Configuration and UNICODE configuration with no results.

We are also on latest firmware: 1.50.7

What else we can try?

Thanks!

BR

Bryon Davis

Hello,
    I’m not sure why some phones would have this problem. The 7-bit ASCII is the encoding most likely to be supported on sms devices.

Are you sending special characters?

I haven’t worked with those phones, are they expecting a special text mode (similar to iMessage)?

You could try upgrading to v1.51.28 firmware and enable PDU mode to see if makes a difference. The firmware is at the links below and the readme.txt contains instructions on how to upgrade. Once it is upgraded, go to the SMS Settings menu and enable “Enable PDU Mode”, and then set the “ASCII 7-bit Configuration” Character Set to “3GPP 23.038”.

SF100 v1.51.28:
    https://webfiles.multitech.com/engineering/unofficial-releases/iSMS%20(Formerly%20SMSFinder)/Firmware/SF100/1.51.28/SF100-u-v1.51.28-25Nov2014.zip

SF400 and SF800 v1.51.28:
    https://webfiles.multitech.com/engineering/unofficial-releases/iSMS%20(Formerly%20SMSFinder)/Firmware/SF400_SF800/1.51.28/SF400-800-u-v1.51.28-25Nov2014.zip

Bryon

BKS Bank AG
    Participant

Hi,

I have done upgrade of firmware and made a changes in SMS Settings but Content not supported is still present.

I am not sending special characters only normal message with text: TEST

My opinion that they are expecting special text mode.

Maybe you have some other hint?

Thanks!

BR

Bryon Davis

Hi Sasa,
    After upgrading did you go to the SMS Settings menu and enable “Enable PDU Mode”, and then set the “ASCII 7-bit Configuration” Character Set to “3GPP 23.038″?

Bryon

BKS Bank AG
    Participant

Hi,

I tried and situation is same.

Do you have any other solution?

Thanks!

KR

Bryon Davis

Hello,
    I haven’t worked with the Windows phone or the Cubot X6, so I’m not certain why they would have problems receiving sms messages from the SF100.

Have you tested a short ASCII (7-bit) sms message with no special characters?

The SF100 sends simple sms texts. There are no attachments, special encoding, or special modes. A short 7-bit ASCII sms message short work without any problems.

I have noticed that many cellular networks (and possibly phones) don’t support Extended ASCII (8-bit). So Extended ASCII should likely be avoided. Most seem to support Unicode though, and all support 7-bit.

Bryon

BKS Bank AG
    Participant

Hi,

well we made investigation and checked that Content not supported message is appearing on Android 4.4.

Maybe this helps?

Thanks!

KR

Bryon Davis

Hi Sasa,
    I’ll see if I can find an Android 4.4 to test with.

Bryon

BKS Bank AG
    Participant

Hi,

we solve this problem. We had some problem with character set. We can close this issue.

Thanks for help!

BR

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.