Multitech not initiate

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Multitech not initiate

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Asier Galech
    Participant

Hi,

I initiate or reset the Multitech Conduit AEP, after more than 10 minutes waiting, the led “ls” is blinking and the led “status” is not blinking.

What could be happening?

Thanks.

Asier Galech
    Participant

Debug interface output:

net.ipv4.conf.all.rp_filter = 1<CR>
    <CR><LF>
    <CR>
    INIT: Entering runlevel: 5<CR>
    <CR>
    <CR><LF>
    Configuring network interfaces... done.<CR>
    <CR><LF>
    Starting system message bus: dbus.<CR>
    <CR><LF>
    macb f802c000.ethernet eth0: link up (100/Full)<CR><LF>
    jffs2: notice: (197) check_node_data: wrong data CRC in data node at 0x05fd3ce8: read 0xb34d2729, calculated 0x89dc5a7d.<CR><LF>

Important: The Gateway is placed inside a wind turbine which is a very noisy environment.

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Asier,

I am not sure that the noise will have anything to do with this problem. Does the console output just stop at the point you have shown in the debug interface output? The jffs2 notice is usually correctable in on it’s own, however, it appears to be the last thing that happened before the system “hung”. It might mean that there is actually some problem with the flash file system. The kernel is up and running so the system isn’t entirely messed up.

Open a portal case at:

https://support.multitech.com

You may have to re-flash this unit through u-boot (the boot loader). If that is the case, and that doesn’t work, then the people that handle the portal cases there will be able to help with both the re-flashing attempt and anything else.

Jeff

Asier Galech
    Participant

Jeff,
    To reflashing COnduit AEP I need folliw this guide or other guide:

And in the case that is this guide where I can download the .bin and .jsff2

Thanks

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Asier,

You will need to follow steps very similar to what’s at:

Flashing mLinux Firmware

These instructions are for the mlinux Conduit, but with the kernel ‘.bin’ and the filesystem ‘.jffs2’ for AEP you can do the same thing. To get the correct files for the version of AEP firmware you want to run please open a portal case at https://support.multitech.com

Jeff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.