Multitech Conduit AP-Wifi

Home Forums General Multitech Conduit AP-Wifi

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

How can we connect the Multitech Conduit AP with our home wifi (instead of SIM)?

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Hello,

The Multitech Conduit Access Point (AP) does not have a WiFi module from what I know. The AP for that device refers to the LoRa WAN access point functionality.

Is the case device case blue or white?

Jeff

Thank you Jeff, I was having trouble finding out the issue.

So in conduit AP, the SIM card connection is only the option to forward our data to the network server?

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Hello,

There is also an Ethernet interface that could be configured as a WAN with a default route and DNS. If Cellular is disabled and the Ethernet interface is configured as WAN with default route and DNS, the Ethernet interface will get used. Assuming that the network server data has to go over the Internet (usually it does for most applications).

Jeff

Oh ok. I am using the things cloud network server. What if I connect the ethernet wire (provided by the conduit) with my home WIFI, will it work or not?

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

If it is configured correctly is should work, otherwise it will not.

If you configure the Network Interfaces > br0 to be a DHCP client
    Also turn off the DHCP server.

When you plug into the home router is should get an address and DNS entry to reach the internet. You could then log into the home router to find the IP address that was assigned. Or you could scan the network from your PC to find the mac address on the label of the MTCAP.

https://www.multitech.com/documents/publications/software-guides/s000727–mPower-Edge-Intelligence-Conduit-AEP-software-guide.pdf

If you need more help with the settings feel free to open a ticket at support.multitech.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.