MTCDT-LEU1

Home Forums Conduit: mLinux Model MTCDT-LEU1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Fred
    Participant

Hello,

In ethernet I connect to the gateway dashboard without any problems but in 4g how do I connect to the gateway dashboard?

Thanks in advance

Steve Kovarik

Hi Fred

First off…you would’ve needed to have the 4G SIM card provisioned for “Mobile Terminated” data service, this usually takes the form of a Public, Static IP Address assigned by the cellular carrier to the SIM.
    Secondly, there is a configuration option in the Gateway [https via WAN] under ‘Administration’ then ‘Access Configuration’ that needs to be enabled to allow remote web administration to the device.

-Best Regards

Fred
    Participant

Hi Steve,
    Thank for your response but i doesn’t work (PPP Link is up and i have an ip address v4 and i see it on DeviceHQ portal).

Do you have a another solution ?

Thanks

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Fred.
    Steve Kovarik

Hi Fred

Likely because your SIM card is not provisioned for “Mobile Terminated” data service.
    What is the IP Address assigned to the modem from the cellular carrier?
    This is displayed on the ‘Home’ screen when a cellular connection is active.

If you enable “ICMP via WAN” under “Administration” then “Access Configuration” [submit then save and apply]
    you should be able to successfully Ping the cellular IP assigned to the modem from the Internet.

-Best Regards

Fred
    Participant

Hi Steve,

Cellular (ppp0)
    State
    PPP Link is up
    Connection Mode
    PPP
    Cellular Mode
    LTE
    Mode
    PPP
    Signal
    Connected
    00:15:55
    IPv4 Address
    DNS
    Roaming
    No

ICMP via WAN is active and ping doesn’t work

Regards

Steve Kovarik

Hi Fred

Thank you for the follow-up information.
    The IP Address assigned to the modem [10.12.245.242] is a private IP, firewalled by the cellular carrier.
    You won’t be able to access the device remotely unless you work with your cellular carrier (SIM Provider) to get “Mobile Terminated Data Service”.

The only other option with the SIM service you currently have would be to use DeviceHQ.
    DeviceHQ is a Cloud based management platform you can use that is included with the purchase price of the device.
    https://www.multitech.com/brands/devicehq

-Best Regards

Fred
    Participant

Ok so it’s not possible to configure the gateway without lan connection

Thank for your help

Regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.