mDot Box Australian Frequency

Home Forums mDot/xDot mDot Box Australian Frequency

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Szymon Zieba
    Participant

Hi,

I am attempting to update my mDot Box for Australian frequency but am having trouble doing so. The box is currently on firmware 2.1.1. I originally worked around the frequency problem by loading the Australian beta library binaries into the 2.1.1 firmware which allowed the box to work. Now I am trying to move to 2.1.2 where the official AU915 frequency sits, but the box is not letting me change the frequency, and I am unsure if the trick I used before would still work.

What should I do?

In addition to the above, I am attempting to read the data packets as they are sent to Node-RED, however the results are not understandable and the data packet format page is not helpful. I have tried to use buffer read functions however node-RED throws errors for readIntBE and readInt16 and trying to use the require function to ensure their presence doesn’t help. Am I missing something here?

• This topic was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Szymon Zieba. Reason: Added a question
    Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

To get the mdot box configured for AU915 load the linked firmware on to the device. Then reload the 2.1.2 firmware

http://multitech.net/downloads/mdot-firmware-no-cmd-interface-switch-to-AU915.bin

For Node-RED, have you used the public sample node-red app available for install from device hq?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.