Lora network server option status is "Stopped" and "Disabled"

Home Forums Lora Network Server Lora network server option status is "Stopped" and "Disabled"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    zwang002@odu.edu
    Participant

Hi, I am just starting to use multitech conduit 246 APE. However, i found that the option for Lora network server and package forwarder status are “disabled” and “stopped”. THe lens server status is “disabled”.
    I am quite confused why it is that and it shows no signal. I have tried to reboot the device, and it doesnot work. When i use the putty to connect the mlinux of the device, i run serveral codes as provided by multitech on youtube. It seems that the server is ok. Do you have suggestions to let the status be normal?
    Previously I am trying to use the installer.sh form ResIot and run the sh file in mlinux mode. Is that the potential reason that the status is disabled now?
    Please let me know if you have any thoughts.
    Sincerely and Best regards.

Attached code result from putty
    root@mtcdt:/var/config/lora# /etc/init.d/lora-network-server restart
    Stopping lora-network-server: OK
    Found MTAC-LORA-H-915 with MTAC-LORA-1.5 hardware
    Resetting 1.5 LoRa
    Starting packet forwarder mode: Logger Level Changed to 30
    OK
    root@mtcdt:/var/config/lora# lora-query –node-list
    root@mtcdt:/var/config/lora# lora-query –node-list
    root@mtcdt:/var/config/lora#

zwang002@odu.edu
    Participant

Btw , the packet forwarder is 4.0.1-r19.0
    network server is 2.2.27
    lens server is 2.2.27

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Installing 3rd party tools is usually not compatible with the system UI.
    Status would be seen on the connected Network Server.

> I am trying to use the installer.sh form ResIot and run the sh file in mlinux mode

ResIot may need to provide support for the 3rd party software.

Otherwise perform a firmware update to remove the 3rd party tools and use the default software to check that the hardware is OK before attempting the 3rd party install.

zwang002@odu.edu
    Participant

Hi, I tried the firmware update 5.0.1 APE version, and it does not work. Then I downgrade it to the 5.0.0 APE version, and it returns to noromal status.
    however, when i restart the Loraserver, click “save and restart’ the option is stopped again.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

After downgrading the firmware a reset to default should be applied.

zwang002@odu.edu
    Participant

Hi, i have tried that and it still doesnot work.
    btw, currently, when i view the platform via Putty, it is repeating an error
    “atmel_nand 40000000.nand: PMECC: Timeout to calculate error location.
    atmel_nand 40000000.nand: PMECC: Timeout to calculate error location.
    atmel_nand 40000000.nand: PMECC: Timeout to calculate error location.

I tried to restart via the reset buttion, and the message still occurs when i open the putty.
    As the “stopped”option, i find that some one claim it is due to the” The status block is looking for lora_pkt_fwd process to be running”
    this is the link
    https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/forum/t/clean-previous-install-of-packet-forwarder/15240
    Actually, I am facing the same issue while Iuse the 3rd party from resiot. I just wonder how can i restore the “lora_pkt_fwd”?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.