JoinEUI & AppEUI

Home Forums Lora Network Server JoinEUI & AppEUI

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I’d like to get the answer. What is the different between JoinEUI & AppEUI when I create a new session for the device?
    I’ve read on the Internet about these and there’s wrote that isn’t different. Just AppEUI renamed to JoinEUI in LoRaWAN™ Specification v1.1.

So, Firstly,
    Why the Condult AEP give fields of JoinEUI and AppEUI and both fields required? There’re same!

Secondly,
    Do I must add the session for get signals from LoRaWAN devices? Or I can only add need infromation about device without session and thas’s all?

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

When a device uses OTAA it will send an EUI in the Join Request, this EUI is saved on Conduit as the Join EUI. This is saved into the session record but never used after the Join.

The App EUI may be different than the configured Join EUI the end-device sends up. The DevEUI is used by Conduit or Lens to match the App Key to the device. The end-device may assigned to a different application network after it has been deployed. This App EUI is attached to each uplink JSON record.

For an ABP device, since the Join Request never occurs, these field must be provided manually.

A session is needed to authenticate the sensor uplinks and create downlinks.

Thank’s a lot for your answer.

So, well. What I should type to field of JoinEUI and field of AppEUI? Because I use the Libelium Smart Parking devices as OTAA mode and there haven’t got a data of JoinEUI. I have only AppEUI. I should repeate AppEUI to field of JoinEUI or what?
    I can’t leave the fill empty JoinEUI. It’s a requred field.

I attached link to Goggle Photos. There’s a data board of Libelium Smart Parking Device: https://photos.app.goo.gl/x9rtvR9pTEobokYL7

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.