iSMS with NAGIOS

Home Forums iSMS iSMS with NAGIOS

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Matthew Arguin
    Participant

I recently bought a SF100-g and am trying to deploy it with the smsfinder.pl script for NAGIOS. I am able to send messages straight from a browser, but when I try to send messages, check the modem status or anythign via the script it fails. for the sendsms it fails saying that the page does not exist and for the check on the status i am getting an authorization error.

on the auth error, i tried both the admin user as well as the user that i created for this…both got the same error.

the modem came with FW 1.31, but i am running 1.46… were there any changes between those rev’s that require changes to the perl script possibly?

also the format of the messages that i get back are straight html rather than the one liner that i expect to see.

any help would be appreciated….anyone deploy this unit with NAGIOS lately?

thanks,

matt

Matthew Arguin
    Participant

also, i have been going over the Linux Journal article as well.

Jeff Blees
    Blocked

Hi Matt,

Have you reviewed our Perl examples and how to found at:

https://webfiles.multitech.com/engineering/sample-code/sms-finder/perl/

? If not, please do.

When you say “I am able to send messages straight from a browser, but…” – do you mean using a browser to access the iSMS server on port 80 and navigating our menus to send with?

How do you have all of the options set in the “SMS API” menu (found in the SMS Services menu)?

Have you reviewed the API appendix in the administrators user guide (starting on page 74)?

http://www.multitech.com/en_US/DOCUMENTS/Families/MultiModemiSMS/manuals.aspx

Lots of customer’s are using Perl scripts to send out text messages through iSMS server.

Sincerely

Jeff Blees

Engineering Technician

Matthew Arguin
    Participant

Thanks Jeff. I have been looking at the admin guide and appendices but will take another look. i beleive that the machine i was working on is at least part of my issue. i just built a VM to do testing with and can at least send a message via the perl script now…so i am part way there . still getting authentication issues trying to query the iSMS status even thought the user works.

when i said i was able to send messages via the browser, what i did was take the URL that the script was using and just past it in to the browser. not using the UI.

pretty sure that I have the send API properly configured. followed the manual.

i will take a look at those sample scripts that you put in there.

thanks for your help.

matt

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.