Intermittent connectivity

Home Forums iSMS Intermittent connectivity

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’ve installed the SF-100 iSMS modem to my network. It was working fine but sometimes I find it unable to connect. Earlier today I was pinging it which was working but now I’m back to being unable to reach again. Anyone else have this problem? Will appreciate any advice. I did update firmware as well to 1.50.7.

Update:

I seems when I power off then turn back on it works again. After 10 minutes of inactivity I can’t connect to. Sometimes I can get a connection again but eventually I end up unable to connect. Still probing around with different attempts.

Bryon Davis

Hi Christian,

When you say you are unable to connect, do you mean through pings, web browse, and/or sending messages?

Was this behaving the same way with the previous firmware?

I suggest you go to support.multitech.com and create a case. We will be able to help you much quicker through a case.

Regards,

Bryon

Thanks for the response Bryon, and I just submitted the case to support.multitech.com. The case number is, Case #5040449. Here is where I answer your questions as well.

Bryon Davis

The iSMS sometimes has problems with Gigabit Ethernet Switches. We suggest locking the Gigabit switches port going to the iSMS at 100mb or using a 100mb Ethernet Switch between them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.