Hanging MTSMC-GP2-IP modems

Home Forums General Hanging MTSMC-GP2-IP modems

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Alex
    Participant

I have eight traffic counting devices, installed around Montreal, QC, equipped with MTSMC-GP2-IP modems which are programmed to periodically transmit traffic statistics to our server over GPRS. All devices were working fine for the period of past few months however they all stopped transmitting statistics recently one by one during two-three days interval . I’ve checked situation and found out that all MTSMC-GP2-IP modems stopped responding to AT commands, but status LED on modems were blinking as usual and our provider (KORE Telematics) confirmed all SIM cards properly registered in GSM network. Modems came back to normal operation after cold reboot (power cycle) and it looks like this is the only way to reset them, since I can’t send any AT command. Also, I’ve noticed: most modems stopped working over the period of couple of days in groups of 2-3 devices located in same geographical areas within approximately one hour interval (or less) one from another (may be this is just a coincidence). So, my issue may be also related to GSM network operation.

I would like to know if somebody had the same situation with MTSMC-GP2-IP modems and maybe there is known workarounds for the problem?

Gordon McPherson
    Participant

Did you ever get to the bottom of your problem? We are experiencing something similar. The modem does not respond to any AT commands and we’re convinced the modem reset does not work.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.