General Questions & Guidance

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model General Questions & Guidance

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lawrence Griffiths
    Participant

1. Can I change the Admin UI session length it’s far too short when you want to monitor logs

2. I’m trying to select Cellular M2M plan
    I can see via AEP logs and m2m sim usage what my sensor updates are but what is harder to determine are the following.
    Could anyone provide a approximation in bytes of
    a. device HQ check-in
    b. device HQ re-boot
    c. device HQ Node-Red app download e.g. my flows.json is 48K + download overhead.
    These figures will allow me to establish how often I check in, can re-boot and update a remote AEP

Thanks
    Lawrence

Brandon Bayer
    Blocked

Lawrence,

1) Yes, change Timeout Minutes on Access Configuration under the Administration menu.

2) We haven’t done any analysis on this, so we can’t give you good answers. However, check-in will be the largest size but shouldn’t be over 500K. App download overhead and re-boot should be quite small.

If you want exact data, ssh into the Conduit and capture DeviceHQ comms with tcpdump. Then you can copy the file to your computer and view it with wireshark.

-Brandon

Lawrence Griffiths
    Participant

Brandon thanks why such a large payload for a check-in? Any plans to compress this?

Brandon Bayer
    Blocked

Lawrence,

So I found some older measurements on data usage and check-ins are actually more on the order of 4KB. We are going to add the data usage to the DeviceHQ user guide.

-Brandon

Lawrence Griffiths
    Participant

Brandon that’s more like it thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.