FOTA Setup packet Question.

Home Forums mDot/xDot FOTA Setup packet Question.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ajay K
    Participant

We are running FOTA via the operations page. We don’t seem to consistently get the FOTA Setup packet and from then on everything goes downhill, even though the firmware packets are sent, which doesn’t help, since the setup packet was never received. So I was curious what circumstances is the setup packet not sent and FYI MDOT is operating in Class A LORA mode. Also I was wondering what does the implication of the following field in the operations pages as highlighted in the image attached.

FOTA Setup Input Time

Also this was mentioned in the Multitech github page, I am still not sure what this exactly means, when we are sending FOTA firmwares to multiple MDOT’s.

Setup Time

This setting controls the when the Session Setup packet will be queued for each end-device. Class A end-devices must send an uplink after this packet is queued to create the session needed for to authenticate and decrypt the multicast message payload.

Thanks,
    Ajay

Ajay K
    Participant

Any thoughts multitech engineering team?

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

The help page has more description info for the fields.
    https://192.168.2.1/help/index.htm#t=LoRaWAN/LoRaWAN_Firmware_Upgrade_OTA.html

Enough time for several uplinks from each device must be used for the Launch Time window. Each device will need to check-in during the launch time, several check-in help ensure any issues with lost packets are recoverable.

The image that was attached to the original post does not appear for me.

Darrik Spaude
    Keymaster

The image is behind OneDrive, so this site isn’t able to display it. I gave Jason the link to the image.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.