duplicate messages

Home Forums iSMS duplicate messages

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    david derrenberger
    Participant

i have an sf400 and an older usb mtcba-g-u-f2 modem to test our paging application. (both have t-mobile sim chips) On the older modem i can send duplicate messages in succession, but on the sf400 i only receive the first one. Does anyone know how to set the sf400 to allow duplicate messages?

Jeff Blees
    Blocked

Hi David,

If you have only 1 SIM in the SF400 – are the other 3 ports disabled? The “Status” check box for each port without a SIM card needs to be unchecked (this is found in the “cellular modem” setup page within the Network Setup menu).

If you have not already, please open a case in our support portal. http://www.multitech.com/en_US/SUPPORT/

The iSMS does not have a setting that dis-allows the sending of duplicate messages. I know from testing it can send duplicate messages over and over.

What is the contents of the HTTP Send API Live Log (it’s a log of what you submit to us) and what is the contents of the “SMS Live Log” (a per port log of how our SMS server controls/utilizes the modem)?

Even though both are T-Mobile SIMs, the problem could still be with one SIM? Have you tried swapping the SIM cards around?

What version of firmware is the SF400 running?

Is the failure all the time – or does it follow the contents of the SMS?

Can you send a simple short sms (twice in a row) that does not contain any blank lines like “Hi, this is a test.”

Can you send a simple sms via our Send SMS GUI menu, twice in a row?

Sincerely

Jeff Blees

Engineering Technician

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.