Driver for Windows Server 2008 for MT2834ZDXb

Home Forums General Driver for Windows Server 2008 for MT2834ZDXb

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Long Ta
    Participant

Hi,

I have an older modem and would like to use it on the newer system. Do you have a new INF for it? Or can you show me how to modify the INF file so that it works on the new OS?

Thank you.

Mike McNeil

Hello,

The MT2834ZDXb was a modem that was produced many years before Windows 2008 was released.

The MT2834ZDXb is a standard serial modem and you should be able to use the archived drivers for the MT2834ZDXb from the MultiTech website. http://www.multitech.com/en_US/SUPPORT/Families/MultiModemZDX/drivers.aspx?product=MT2834ZDXb

If those do not work you could use a standard Windows 28K or 33K modem driver from your Windows OS.

If that does not help than we would need more information about what you are trying to do or what is not working. If that is the case than this would probably be better handled by creating a support case at support.multitech.com.

Regards,

Mike

Long Ta
    Participant

Mike,

I have tried the driver from the website before, the archive driver, and the file name is drivers.exe but it won’t install in windows 2008 server R2. So, I tried using the standard modem driver that comes with windows. I have tried selected the 28K and the 33K models both install fine. Everything looks good and working. However, I use the modem for receiving fax using the Windows Fax server role, and when receiving it appears as though everything go thru fine, but at the end, no file was received, and the event log shows event ID 92093, which says “Error in receiving fax from number …”

I googled for answer, and found nothing that I did wrong on my end. The only thing I suspects is that the driver that comes with windows is not compatible with this modem. So I just wonder if you can help to convert the driver that comes in the drivers.exe file at your website to make it install on the new version of windows and that would do it.

Long Ta
    Participant

Mike,

Sorry, the event ID is 32092.

Long

Mike McNeil

Hello Long,

If the modem appears to be installed fine and appears to be receiving then verify that the modem is set correctly in Device Manager at 115200 8N1 with hardware flow control or software flow control and make sure that the fax software is configured the same. The event ID is a Windows output not an event from the modem.

I would recommend creating a support case at support.multitech.com and

include/answer the following:

– Modem serial number.

– PBX or phone system being used.

– A log from the software showing the problem.

– From your post I assume that you were using the MT2834ZDX in an older

system and faxing did work?

– Was this using the same PBX/phone system?

– Do you only receive or transmit also?

– If you do transmit does transmitting a fax work?

– Does receiving fail from all numbers or just some numbers?

– Reference this forum in your case.

Regards,

Mike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.