Renewing DHCP Lease?

Home Forums General Renewing DHCP Lease?

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Josh Meyer
    Participant

*Question edited

I am using the Arduino Ethernet library to connect via a MultiConnect. It works the first time, but then when I reset it, it continuously fails, saying DHCP failed to configure.

It will fail for several hours, then work again once, then fail again. I’ve tried playing with different IP addresses and subnets, but nothing works. I’ve even tried changing the MAC, but this doesn’t help.

Is there something in the DHCP settings that could be causing this? Should I enable Server?

For anyone familiar with the Ethernet library, it fails at:

`int ret = _dhcp->beginWithDHCP(mac_address);`

kevin hong
    Participant

check and make sure your arduino is setup with DHCP client and obtain IP address from eCell modem.

what IP address, netmask, default gateway and DNS are showing on your arduino

Josh Meyer
    Participant

It is failing DHCP in all the sketches I’ve tried. Then it uses an IP that I assigned within the range, but it doesn’t connect.

IP – 192.168.2.177 (assigned in software, not by gateway)
    Gateway – 192.168.2.1
    Netmask – 255.255.255.0
    DNS Server – 192.168.2.1

Does this look correct? What would make the DNS fail? The WebClient sketch worked a few times, then it stopped.

Thanks

kevin hong
    Participant

static IP address assignment look correct as long as your eCell is setup using NAT mode.

you can assign DNS = 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 instead of the LAN IP of the eCell

try perform some ping test to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 from Arduino and make sure cellular internet is consistent without any timeout and long delay

Josh Meyer
    Participant

Sorry, it’s not the DNS that is failing. It is the DHCP. I can’t figure out what would make it fail. I extended the timeout to 2 minutes and it still fails.

The strange thing is that it worked a few times, but just stopped.

It seems to be stalling at this line in the Ethernet.cpp file in the library:
    W5100.setIPAddress(IPAddress(0,0,0,0).raw_address());

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Josh Meyer.
    Jamie Johnson
    Participant

My Wi-Fi is not associated. I am utilizing Ethernet. I am utilizing Air Port Extreme. For what reason would i be able to not associate Wi-Fi? Please do my assignment for me please

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Jamie Johnson.

Many academic writing organizations fail to fulfil the task of delivering your projects on time. You can feel assured that your orders will always be delivered within the specified time frame when you work with Write My Assignment UK. We can safely claim to be the most punctual assignment writing service in the area.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.