Connect sensor after a reset

Home Forums General Connect sensor after a reset

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Perico
    Participant

Hello!
    I’m receiving the nodes from my sensor at my gateway mutitech conduit aep but when I do a reset in the sensor (I created it with an esp32, it’s similar to an arduino), I need to do a reset in my gateway. Somebody knows if I need to reinicialize an special parameter to conect the sensor without doing a reset in the gateway?

Thanks.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Is the device connected via ABP where the session DevAddr, NwkSKey and AppSKey are set?
    Perhaps the device resets the FCNT to 0 when reset. The network server will reject previously received FCNT values to protect from packets being replayed.

Best practice would be for the device to save the last used FCNT and resume the session to keep replay protection.

Or you can choose the Disable Strict Counter option under the Network Server Testing section of the LoRaWAN > Network Settings page to allow a device to reset the FCNT. Click Save and Apply after submitting the changes to restart the Network Server.

Perico
    Participant

Hi Jason,
    Yes my device is connected via ABP but my intention is not have to restart my connections if a power outage or similar happens in the sensor or in the gateway.

I’m looking to disable Strict Counter as you say, but i can’t find the setting.

Thank’s.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster
    Perico
    Participant

I use version 5.2.1

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.