Conduit won't startup: runlevel

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Conduit won't startup: runlevel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Wout
    Participant

Hello everyone,

My multitech conduit AEP won’t startup anymore. In the debug mode I can see:
    "INIT: Entering runlevel: "

I have no idea what this means. But I can’t reset the device and i can’t do anything…

I have found on this forum that runlevel 5 is a standard configuration or something. So i entered “5”. This gave the respons:
    "INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel

Can someone help me?

Greetings,

Wout

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Wout,

There is a good chance that your inittab is corrupted or that the filesystem is corrupt. I’m afraid that your only choice is to re-flash the device from u-boot. For help with that you can file a support case on https://support.multitech.com.

Jeff

Pascal
    Participant

Hi.
    Some LoRaWAN network server (let’s call them Actility), apparently their way of installing their packet forwarder is to completely wipe out the kernel and rootFS and replace it with their own, to which I don’t even know the password. By following their instructions I essentially turned our AEP model into the mLinux version. This is fine for the time being but sooner or later I will need to turn this back into the original.
    When the time comes I can open a support ticket, unless someone wants to create a manual on how to restore the gateway.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.