conduit mLinux + mDot Box

Home Forums Conduit: mLinux Model conduit mLinux + mDot Box

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Shahab Rahimi
    Participant

Hi,
    I have a conduit mLinux, I want to use a mDot Box with it, How can I do this? I use the conduit as a gateway that sends information to the Loriot server. I read that the gateway network name and pass phrase should be the same as mDot Box , but the “/var/config/lora/lora-network-server.conf” in gateway is Empty. What should I do?

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster
    Shahab Rahimi
    Participant

Hi Jason, thank you for your reply,a question,
    If I do this configurations, can I still use the gateway to send device data(e.g libelium plug&sense ) to the loriot server??

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Enabling the network server on conduit will replace the Loriot functionality.

You can configure the mDot box as a node on Loriot if you want.

OTA MODE
    ——–
    AT+NJM=1
    AT+NI=0,
    AT+NK=0,
    AT&W

ABP MODE
    ——–
    AT+NJM=0
    AT+NA=
    AT+NSK=
    AT+DSK=
    AT&W

Shahab Rahimi
    Participant

Thanks Jason,more questions
    because my preferred scenario is using it with loriot, after using gateway as a network server, how can I resume the loriot functionality?
    My main goal for using the mDot Box is to evaluate lorawan network coverage, what is best mode of mDot Box for this purpose?
    And Can I use the mDot Box with another gateways, or only multitech ones, any refrence?
    thanks in advance.

Shahab Rahimi
    Participant

Any answer for my questions??

Bryan Tran

Shahab Rahimi,

Q1: because my preferred scenario is using it with loriot, after using gateway as a network server, how can I resume the loriot functionality?

* I think you can restart the loriot software with the following command:

/opt/lrt/loriot-gw restart

Q2: My main goal for using the mDot Box is to evaluate lorawan network coverage, what is best mode of mDot Box for this purpose?

* There are two modes: Single survey, Survey sweep.

http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/dot-box-and-evb-software/

Think of the Single Survey mode as a manual mode where you can manually set and do a single test at different data rate and power combinations. While the Survey Sweep will automatically test over a range of power levels and data rates.

Q3: And Can I use the mDot Box with another gateways, or only multitech ones, any refrence?

* As long as the other GW is a LoRaWan compliance.

Thanks,

BT

Shahab Rahimi
    Participant

Hi Bryan,
    thanks for your reply.
    I configured my conduit according to the link that Jason mentioned.
    Now when I turn on the mDot Box and select any mode, the display shows “joining”, then “waiting…” and at the bottom I see “No Free Channel” message. Also the LED 1 is green, I waited until the end of the counter but nothing happened.One more thing, for the first time that I select a mode , the LED 1 becomes green but when I cancel that and switch to a new mode, the LED 1 becomes red and remains red. Any idea?

Shahab Rahimi
    Participant

Hi,
    Is there any quicker way to get the answer and solve device problems?
    using forums it seams in takes long time…

Bryan Tran

Hi Shahab Rahimi,

1. Please, create a support portal case. http://www.multitech.com/.

2. It sounded like your mDot-BOX is not able to join the network.

Thanks,

BT

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.