Browser Requirements – MTR-C2-B16

Home Forums General Browser Requirements – MTR-C2-B16

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Scott K
    Participant

Have a MTR-C2-B16 and can only access the Admin page, 192.168.2.1, with a Windows XP IE 8 laptop. Unable to access the site on either a Win 2000 or Windows 10 laptop. Using compatibility mode in IE doesn’t work or Dev Mode in IE. Are there any docs that cover browser requirements? Thanks

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Scott,

Which version of firmware is running on the MTR?

Jeff

Scott K
    Participant

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Scott,

That firmware is about two and a half years old. Do you have a copy of the 3.0.13 firmware. If you do I would recommend that you make a configuration backup of the device and try to upgrade to version 3.4.5. With a configuration backup and the older firmware you can always fall back if jumping that far doesn’t work.

The fact is that browsers have changed significantly in the last two years, and that firmware may have been limited in which browsers are supported in the first place.

Jeff

Scott K
    Participant

Thanks for that, makes perfect sense. I just had this unite dropped off on my desk and the old ‘figure it out’ note. I search the site and I’m not able to locate version 3.4.5. Can you point me in the right direction for the file(s)?

Thanks again,

Scott

Darrik Spaude
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

The 3.4.5 firmware for the 2G/3G models is here:
    https://webfiles.multitech.com/wireless/mtr/mtr-2g-3g_v3.4.5_upgrade.zip

I don’t know which carrier your model uses (N2=Sprint, N3=Verizon, N16=Aeris), but it’s the same firmware for all of them.

http://www.multitech.com/brands/multiconnect-rcell-100-series

Best Regards,
    Darrik

Scott K
    Participant

Thanks Jeff and Darrik, that did the trick.

Scott

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.