Setting up Bluetooth with an MT100 EOCG and an MTPCIE
To setup MT100EOCG to control Bluetooth on a MTPCIE Bluetooth/Wi-Fi device, you need a remote Bluetooth
device that supports serial communication. Then:
- On the MTPCIE-DK1 developer board, position jumpers next to USB 3G port J4 to the 1,2 position.
- Position jumpers next to USB Serial port J24 connector to the 2,3 position.
- Position jumpers next to Bluetooth DB9 connector J14 to the 2,3 position.
- Use a terminal program to connect the remote Bluetooth adapter to the computer’s serial port.
- On the MT100EOCG, type rfcomm –S connect 0 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx &, where xx is the MAC address of the remote Bluetooth device. It returns a connected response similar to:
- Run a serial communication program, such as minicom, on the MT100EOCG which is configured to use
/dev/rfcomm0 as the serial device. You can now communicate with the remote Bluetooth serial device.
# rfcomm –S connect 0 00:A0:96:10:30:14 &  498 # Connected /dev/rfcomm0 to 00:A0:96:10:30:14 on channel 1 Press CTRL-C for hangup