Powering Up and Down the Device
Powering Up the Device
Caution: Use only the power cord provided with the device. Using any other
power cord voids the warranty and can damage the device.
To power up the device:
- Install the desired MultiTech accessory card or cards into the slots at the
back of the device. See Installing an mCard Accessory Card.
- Connect the power cord to an outlet or power strip.
- Connect the power adapter to the barrel jack on the back panel of the device.
- Verify power.
- The Power LED comes on immediately after power is applied.
- The device takes a short time to boot up when you apply power.
- Connect the device to the controlling device through the Ethernet connector or
the USB connector on the back panel.
Powering Down the Device
Before powering down the device, we recommend a controlled shutdown before disconnecting power. This helps avoid the risk of flash drive corruption.
Note: This shutdown procedure is just for the device, not the radio. If you wish to power down your radio (which is not required for this procedure), see How To Properly Power Down a Cellular Radio.
To perform a controlled shutdown of the device:
- Establish a connection to the device’s terminal interface (you can use any terminal emulator such as Tera Term or PuTTY).
- Enter the shutdown command: shutdown -hH now
- Wait for the system to display The system is going down for system halt NOW! message.
- Disconnect power from the device.