xDot logInfo command fails (?)

Home Forums mDot/xDot xDot logInfo command fails (?)

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mikael Grah
    Participant

I’ve seen a strange behavior, probably caused by something I’ve done in an incorrect way.

I have two different xDot DKs, both of them are of roughly the same age (about two years old) and I’ve been using them for different projects over the last couple of months.

The prograam I’ve been working on is using libxDot and I’m using the logInfo/logError macros to communicate on the Debug port. With one of the xDots, this works without any issues – as far as I’ve seen – but yesterday I switched to the other xDot and suddenly the same binary (.bin built with mbed-cli) does not display the same behavior. Text that used to be displayed on the debug port (@9600 baud) are no longer visible.

When I tried a regular printf (replacing logInfo by printf) the messages are displayed.

I’d really appreciate some help (if someone has a clue) to why printf would work on the debug port (@9600 buad) but logInfo does not. I’m using both on the same firmware but the only thing I can see on one of the devies are the printfs (while the other one shows the logInfo stuff without any issues).

Any ideas?

Mikael Grah
    Participant

I just tested again, with both xDots, and the problem still persists. I flashed both xDots with the same .bin file, in the same USB port (I switched the xDot in between). After Reset, one of them shows a complete printout, including my added “Printf to debug port”, caused by:

printf("Printf to debug port\r\n")

The other xDot, with the same bin file only sends the printf-text and no LogInfo. The xDot sending Info messages also sends the defaul “[INFO] Set radio to public mode.” and “xDot Ready” from the init of libxdot.

The xDots are of two different batches; the first one (where the logInfo function works) has a DOM 2019 08 16, the second one is marked with DOM 2016 10 27. Could that have something to do with the behavior?

Mikael Grah
    Participant

Not sure if it matters, but the main serial port is assigned to Port 14 \Serial14 on my Win 10 Pro computer on both xDots, but the debug port \thcdcacm0 is assigned to Port 15 on the newer xDot and Port 9 on the other one…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.