xDot and JTAG

Home Forums mDot/xDot xDot and JTAG

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mark Ruys
    Participant

On the xDot devel kit, you have JP1 (external target program header) and JP2 (Jtag header). What’s the difference between these two programming headers? What external target programmer can I use?

In the developer guide, the wiring of JP1 is described in chapter 13. What I can’t find is how to add a Jtag connector to a xDot. I can’t find the JP2 schematics.

In production, a gang programmer will be used to flash in the firmware. What I understand is that for this typically Jtag is used. Is it easy to add a Jtag header to our PCB design? How?

Thanks!
    Mark

Mark Ruys
    Participant

Okay, I did found the JP2 JTAG schematics (it’s on pg 51 of the devel guide). It’s purpose is to access and flash the devel kits Cortex-M4, not the xDot. Now I understand that the xDot support flashing/debugging over SWD.

So then I’m back at these questions:
    – Can anyone advise on a SWD programmer (for development).
    – Is it possible to add JTAG to the xDot (and if so, how?).

Thanks again. Mark

Peter Ferland
    Blocked

Using the STM32L151CC’s full JTAG interface is not available because some of the pins that are multiplexed for JTAG are used to communicate with the LoRa radio. You are limited to SWD.

If you do not wish to use the JP1 connector on the MTMDK-XDOT, you can use an ST-LINK programmer http://www.st.com/en/development-tools/st-link-v2.html

Hi everyone,

I bought the ST-LinkV2, but the cables that come with the programmer are not suitable to connect to the MTMDK-XDOT JP1 (JTAG).
    The devkit manual recommends the Samtec FFSD-05-D-06.00-01-N ribbon cable, but this cable has 10pins which are not compatible to the header size of ST-LinkV2.

Is there any adaptor that you are using for that or did I miss something?

For those who had the same question, I just found one adaptor that seems to be compatible:
    j-link 9-pin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.