Wifi networks not visible on 247A

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model Wifi networks not visible on 247A

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Paul Stewart
    Participant

Hi All,

I have a wifi enabled conduit (247A) and with the Wifi as WAN enabled, I am not able to see SSID’s on surrounding wifi networks.

I saw them once under Wireless -> Wifi as WAN section and joined one of them, save and restarted, and it can join that network no worries.

But I have never seen them again (even after making sure Saved Networks don’t have a tick in the box beside their name)

I would like to have two optional wifi networks Saved as I move the gateway around.

I know there are at least 7 different networks alive around me (shown on my phone) but I can’t see any of them

cheers
    Paul

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Paul,

Can you disable WiFi as WAN, reboot, and then see if the scan works? There is a limitation in the WiFi module on the Conduit such that if WiFi station or AP is enabled it will not be able to do a scan. Make sure that AP is disabled.

Jeff

Paul Stewart
    Participant

Yes the Wifi AP is definitely not enabled.

I will try what you suggest and get back to you

Thanks
    Paul

Paul Stewart
    Participant

OK tried that, no difference.

After I disabled Wifi as WAN, rebooted, then enabled it to do a scan, didn’t see anything.

Then tried another reboot (Save and Restart), still no networks showing.

Jumped on via SSH.

“ifconfig” shows wlan0 is present.

“iwlist wlan0 scan” shows all of the networks, yet nothing shows up in the AEP GUI.

Is there anything else I can do at my end to help you analyse and debug what might be happening?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Paul Stewart.
    Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Paul,

Here’s what is working for me.

1) Wi-Fi as WAN enabled
    2) No Saved Wi-Fi Networks checked
    3) After a reboot go to the Wireless->Wi-Fi as WAN again, hit Refresh on the Available Wi-Fi Networks pane, and after about 15 or so seconds I got a list of networks detected with the scan.

So, leave Wi-Fi as WAN enabled and un-check any Saved Networks. If that doesn’t work try “iw dev wlan0 scan”. I was able to execute that command and see all the info one each available network.

I am not sure what is going on with the Web UI. If you know the SSID and network name of the network, you can add it manually under Add Network on the Saved Wi-Fi Networks pane.

Jeff

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Jeff Hatch.
    Paul Stewart
    Participant

Thanks Jeff, that has worked for me also.

I would say though, it is very convoluted and not at all intuitive, perhaps there could be improvements made to the process in the next firmware.

thanks again
    Paul

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.