What is the proper way of upgrading the firmware on my AEP Model gateway?

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model What is the proper way of upgrading the firmware on my AEP Model gateway?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Frank A
    Participant

Hi,

I want to upgrade the firmware on a Conduit Gateway I purchased a while back, but I want to make sure to do it correctly.

Here’s some relevant information about the device:

* Model number (Gateway): MTCDT-210A
    * Model number (Accessory Card 2): MTAC-LORA-915 (hardware: MTAC-LORA-1.0)
    * Firmware version: 1.3.2

I’m currently looking at the downloads page, and my understanding is that I cannot simply take the most recent version, because it depends on my current version and model. Is that correct? If so, could you please advise me?

Thank you for your time and support.

Frank

Darrik Spaude
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

Yes, it mostly has to do with the version of AEP. Since you have AEP 1.3.2, then you should upgrade to 1.4.3 first, then to 1.6.4, and then you may upgrade to mPower 5.0. Back up your configuration first just in case. Maybe even back up your config after each upgrade. The instructions on the following page say you need 1.4.4, but good luck finding that. AEP 1.4.3 was the version that was released for your Conduit (MTCDT). AEP 1.4.4 was a bug fix release for the Conduit IP67 (MTCDTIP) and other than that it is identical to AEP 1.4.3 (I’ll make a documentation ticket to have the changelog corrected).

http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/aep/aep-firmware-changelog/

If you run into trouble, then create a support case on our web site ( https://support.multitech.com ). There IS a way to upgrade straight to mPower 5, but it involves completely erasing the NAND flash (and thus all configuration changes).

Best Regards,
    Darrik

Frank A
    Participant

Hello Darrik,

Thank you for your quick response!

I followed the steps you suggested and it worked. In fact, I did start by upgrading from 1.3.2 to 1.3.3 before upgrading to 1.4.3, because the upgrade notes from 1.4.3 suggested that I could lose my LoRa configurations if I didn’t (it wouldn’t have been a big deal though).

Again, thank you for your support. It is much appreciated. A+

Frank

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Frank A. Reason: typo
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.