Uninstall Issues with Client version 2.2.3 x64

Home Forums FaxFinder Uninstall Issues with Client version 2.2.3 x64

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jason Stout
    Participant

I’ve been upgrading the FF client on everyone’s workstations at work from 2.2.3 to 3.1.0. I’ve uninstalled 2.2.3 on all our client PC’s except for one. They’re all Win7 x64, running the x64 client, and i’m using an admin account to uninstall. This one PC is having issues during the uninstall process. When trying to uninstall from add/remove programs, the uninstall process starts normally. But during the process, it automatically cancels, rolls back any actions, and quits. It does this immediately after a command prompt window appears and disappears (there’s no echo in the prompt to show what it’s doing). The uninstaller gives no errors or messages, it just quits.

I can successfully perform a repair installing using the original 2.2.3 installer, but it doesn’t help. Also, running the uninstall process from the original install file does not work.

The installer for version 3.1.0 fails with the following standard message: “FaxFinder Client (64-bit) Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time…….”.

I’ve also tried some standard steps in an attempt to manually uninstall the software as well, such as the steps listed here: http://www.theeldergeek.com/manually_uninstall_programs.htm

Any ideas on how I can get 2.2.3 off, at least enough to where 3.1.0 won’t recognize that a previous version was installed?

Mike Gadda
    Blocked

Hi Jason,

You could try a manual uninstall of the 2.2.3 version first.

1: Delete the Multi-tech Systems/FaxFinder Client Software folder of the Program Files directory
    2: Delete the FaxFinder Client Software Folder of the %appdata% directory.
    3: Delete the Registry Entries with Run->regedit
    – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Multi-Tech Systems/FaxFinder Client Software (Delete the whole folder)
    – HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Multi-Tech Systems/FaxFinder Client Software (Delete the whole folder)
    – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Black Ice Software LLC/Multi-Tech FaxFinder (Delete the whole folder)
    – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Installer/Products/HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\F1398B92A8241B44CA5E5A7E40466D65 (Delete the whole folder) (this maybe named something different, if so click on the my computer at the top, click Edit->Find and type FaxFinder in the box and the first result should be in this folder)

Jason Stout
    Participant

Thanks, Mike. I’ll give those steps a try and report back.

Mike Gadda
    Blocked

Note: On the last registry folder to delete you may need to search on ff110.exe instead of Faxfinder.

JR Miller
    Participant

Has a proper fix been founded by anyone? Support offered the canned answer (FaxFinder Client v1.x.x and v2.x.x Software fails to install Resolution 5063272) which hasn’t worked on any machines in my domain. The only success I have had is with the manual uninstall/deletion of registry files; but this is hardly preferred to roll out across my firm (especially with needing to delegate to lower level tech). Any one out there have an actual solution?

Kimberly G.
    Participant

Our IT person had a problem uninstalling a version of FaxFinder from my computer today and I found this and sent it. I’m not sure if it solved the problem or not, but worth looking at. http://www.multitech.com/support/resolution/30613

Kimberly G.
    Participant

Sorry, let me clarify that he did end up being able to uninstall the old version and install the new version after I sent the link, but I’m not sure that the link is what helped solve the issue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘FaxFinder’ is closed to new topics and replies.