Unable to ping or query dns

Home Forums Dragonfly Unable to ping or query dns

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Agathe Lee
    Participant

Hi! I have a MTQ-LVW3-B01. I am using and activating Context #3, successfully receiving an IP address. I am able to make socket connection to a server, however when I try making a connection with a hostname (to be solved by dns query) or pinging an IP address, I receive an error.

Lonny Knudson
    Blocked

Hi Agathe,
    I believe the current firmware does not resolve correctly if an IPV6 address is obtained when activating the PDP context. Try disallowing IPV6 using the following command:
    AT#SGACT=3,”IP”
    Then restart the PDP context and try opening a socket using the hostname of the server.

Agathe Lee
    Participant

The command AT#SGACT=3,”IP” returns ERROR. I tried modifying the PDP context with AT+CGDCONT=3,”IP”,”VZWINTERNET”,””,0,0. This also returns ERROR.

Lonny Knudson
    Blocked

Hi Agathe,
    Sorry about my last post, +CGDCONT is the correct command (not #SGACT). I’m not sure why you got an ERROR response. Try the following sequence and see if it helps:
    AT+CMEE=2
    AT+CGDCONT=3,”IP” (note: only send 2 first 2 parameters)

Agathe Lee
    Participant

Hi Lonny,

Here’s the result:
    at+cmee=2

OK
    at+cgdcont=3,”IP”

+CME ERROR: operation not supported

Lonny Knudson
    Blocked

Hi Agathe,
    The extended ERROR information doesn’t appear to be of much help. I can’t think of an explanation for the ERROR response, command syntax looks correct. You may want to open a support ticket at http://support.multitech.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.