UDHCPC fail(mlinux to AEP)

Home Forums Conduit: AEP Model UDHCPC fail(mlinux to AEP)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Elina Yrjana
    Participant

I am updating from mlinux to AEP and using Putty with serial connection. Everything was going well until this happened:
    udhcpc (v1.22.1) started
    Sending discover…
    Sending discover…
    Sending discover…
    Usage: /etc/udhcpc.d/lanup {bound|renew|deconfig}
    run-parts: /etc/udhcpc.d/lanup exited with code

And it keeps repeating. What can I do?

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Elina,

The “Sending discover…” stuff is a part of a feature called “Call Home”. If your Conduit Ethernet interface is attached to a network with DHCP it will have gotten an address from the DHCP server. If it is not connected to a network with DHCP the default IP (192.168.2.1) will be set on the Ethernet interface.

To determine the IP address assigned by the DHCP server connect to the micro serial connection on the back of the Conduit,log in with the default credentials (admin/admin) and run the ifconfig command. It will list the eth0 IP that you will need to use to web into the Conduit.

Jeff

Elina Yrjana
    Participant

Jeff,

My PC is part of a network with DHCP. I used the ifconfig command and the address is 192.168.2.1. This might sound like a stupid question, but what do I do next?

Might be worth noting that whenever I try to disable DHCP on my PC and set an IP address (192.168.2.1 for example), I lose internet connection. I haven’t been able to use SSH connection, only serial.

I appreciate your help!

Elina

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Elina Yrjana.
    Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Elina,

Is your Conduit on the same link as your PC or do you have the Conduit directly connected to your PC with an Ethernet cable? Can you ping your PC from the Conduit? Is it possible that there is another device, possibly a router, on the same network as the Conduit with 192.168.2.1 as its IP?

Jeff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.