REST API for DeviceHQ

Home Forums Device HQ REST API for DeviceHQ

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    EG
    Participant

Is there an API for DeviceHQ? I want to upload custom app configuration and schedule it for installation to a device, all from a script. Is there any API or command line process supported?

Thanks.

Hello,

Sorry, at this point the ability to schedule tasks from the API is not supported. You are able to get tasks that are already schedule with the API.

I have created a enhancement request to add this to DeviceHQ.

Regards,
    Carol Almquist

Brett Poche
    Participant

Is there any update on this feature? Having the ability to schedule config/app updates via the API would save us a ton of time and help eliminate user errors.

Thanks!

Good news! We are planning an update to our api which will allow for creating and managing device tasks, such as app updates and configs.

This is slated to be released in the coming weeks. I will post here when that is available. Documentation will also be made available.

Regards,
    David

Brett Poche
    Participant

Fantastic, thanks David!

EG
    Participant

Yes that’s great news!

Brett Poche
    Participant

Hey David,

Any update on this feature?

Thanks,
    Brett

Brett –

Yes, we have published those api extensions. Looks like our documentation (http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/devicehq/account-api/account-api-examples/) is out of date. I’m working on getting that updated, so that you can access the newer api features that have been deployed onto http://www.devicehq.com

Thanks,
    David

Brett Poche
    Participant

Great news, thanks David!

EG
    Participant

That’s great. Can you please post here when it has been updated? Thanks!

SaSa
    Participant

dear @david-heitzmanmultitech-com

We are trying to find a way to Pair/Unpair end-devices with an API via DeviceHQ,
    Could you please to help us if it’s doable at first ? if yes do you have some examples ?

Thanks,
    SaSa

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by SaSa.
    SaSa
    Participant

Dear @jreissmultitech-com,

could you please answer my question above,

thanks,

Steve Kovarik

Hello SaSa

To answer your question, pairing and unpairing LoRa end-nodes is not a supported function in DeviceHQ or the DeviceHQ API.

-Best Regards

SaSa
    Participant

thanks @skovarik

we will thank you to inform us in the case you added this option because that’s really necessary for us.

sincerely

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by SaSa.
    EG
    Participant

Do you plan to add an API to upload custom app config files to deviceHQ? I see that I can apply them, but I need to upload them manually. This would close the gap on our automation.

Thanks,
    Elizabeth

EG
    Participant

@skovarik

I just realized a more important item missing from the API – GET /api/v2/apps/:id returns a list of app configs, but does not list the name for each one, so there is no way to programmatically get the config id fro the name and then install it on the device. Can you please add this as an enhancement request.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.