remove queued by mistake LoRa message

Home Forums Lora Network Server remove queued by mistake LoRa message

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Piotr Diop
    Participant

Hi,
    I was wondering if there is a way to ‘undo’ or overwrite queued lora messages sent to network server using lora-out node.

In my setup, i’m using the rx slots after a transmission to send some data back from my Multitech AEP to the emitting device (class A).

I observed that it is possible to queue messages in the lora network server (independently of the comunication between my device and the gateway) and that those messages would be unstacked one at a time each time the device with a matching eid sends some data to the gateway.
    This is really useful as it guarantees that the data I queue from gateway side is effectively sent during the rx slot timeout (and not missed due to some processing / GC on node-red side)

But that’s also my main problem.
    If between two transmission sessions (my remote device logs data periodically) , I queue some data twice or more, I need to have my device transmit data just as many times to retrieve all messages back.

Do you know if there is a way to overwrite (or delete) messages directed to a specific eid directly from the lora network server ?

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

The lora-in and lora-out nodes are just wrappers around MQTT.

There are other message end-points available for control of the network server.

http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/lora/lora-network-server/mqtt-messages/

Send MQTT empty message to “lora/<DEV-EUI>/clear” to remove all queued packets. There is currently no command to remove or replace a single item.

There is also a UDP command port 6677 interface available
    http://www.multitech.net/developer/software/lora/lora-network-server/

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Jason Reiss.
    Piotr Diop
    Participant

Thanks for quick answer Jason.
    From the mqtt page it seems the syntax is not global, but per eid (lora/<DEV-EUI>/clear).
    I just tested publishing to different EUIs and it looks like only messages of given EUIs are suppressed from the queue.

Jason Reiss
    Keymaster

Looks like some of my message was filtered as HTML.

That is correct, each device queue must be cleared.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.