Problem getting mLinux on Conduit 300

Home Forums Conduit: mLinux Model Problem getting mLinux on Conduit 300

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Åvall
    Participant

Hi!
    I have successfully built mLinux 5.3.31 and got it running on the IP67 and AP models. Now I want to do the same for the Conduit 300.

I’ve tried everything on this page:
    https://www.multitech.net/developer/software/mlinux/using-mlinux/flashing-mlinux-firmware-for-conduit/

Auto-Flash during boot does simply nothing, only printing this during shutdown:

/media/card/flash-upgrade not present, skipping
    /media/card is not mounted rw

even though I’m using the /var/volatile/flash-upgrade directory.

Upon no success, I tried to do it via u-boot, but it just stops:

=> run krb
    link up on port 0, speed 1000, full duplex
    Using ethernet@4a100000 device
    TFTP from server 192.168.2.10; our IP address is 192.168.2.2
    Filename 'oe_uImage.bin'.
    Load address: 0x20000000
    Loading: #

And now it doesn’t even boot any more. What am I missing, or is this not even possible on the 300 series?

Versions visible at boot (when it worked):

mLinux 6.0.0dev5 mtcdt3hs /dev/ttyS0
    Version: 5.0.0-mPoewr-mtcdt-eval-rc4-2-gcf6c9da
    Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Hello Daniel,

The Conduit 300 will only run code signed by Multitech. There is a root of trust that consists of a key that is burned into the CPU and cannot be altered.

Do you have bitbake layers that support the Conduit 300 device? It is not the same Atmel CPU. It is a TI Sitara, so they are different generations of instruction sets.

I don’t believe that there is any bsp support within the mLinux release available publicly.

Thank You,

Jeff

Daniel Åvall
    Participant

Thanks, that would explain it. No, I don’t have any special layers for Conduit 300, I naively assumed mLinux would work if it had mPower installed. Are you planning on adding support for it?

In the meanwhile I’ll construct a opkg package with our custom stuff that I can install on the Conduit 300.

How would I go about to recover a Conduit 300 that only boots into u-boot?

Jeff Hatch
    Keymaster

Hello Daniel,

Do you have access to the debug console set up? If not, I will have to get into the office and get my Conduit 300 device. I think you can interrupt the boot and drop into u-boot if u-boot is working. If you do successfully drop into u-boot you can try the following commands:

The following commands will do the trick.
    => setenv partition_swap_f 1
    => boot

The Conduit 300 has two boot partitions. The first command causes the boot process to attempt to boot the alternative partition. If the rootfs partition hasn’t been messed up on that boot partition you may be able to boot into mPower.

Otherwise, the device may need to be RMA’ed if you cannot boot into u-boot since at that point it takes the manufacturing process to reflash the device.

Thank You,

Jeff

Daniel Åvall
    Participant

I tried that:
    => setenv partition_swap_f 1
    => boot
    Unknown command ‘nboot.jffs2’ – try ‘help’

That’s the same error when booting normally (partition_swap_f = 0)
    => printenv
    bootcmd=nboot.jffs2 ${loadaddr} 0 ${kernel_addr} && bootm ${loadaddr}

That’s probably my fault, when trying the u-boot flash instructions I ran this file: http://git.multitech.net/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/meta-multitech-atmel.git/plain/contrib/uboot-setenv-mtcdt.minicom

Maybe the partitions are intact, but only wrong u-boot environment variables. Do you know the default values?

Daniel Åvall
    Participant

I got it back to original state! 🙂

To reset the environment variables to default values in u-boot I ran this:

env default -a
    saveenv
    reset
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.